A friendly warning before you read. If you are so hungry that you could eat a horse, this post might not be great idea because this will make you hungrier. Okay, are we all good?
I was really happy with how it turned out because this recipe was a pretty spontaneous one. I happened to have some cherries and didn’t know what to do with them, so I quickly made this. As you know, Cherries have such a beautiful colour that makes a lovely, perfect contrast with white cashew cream. Not only does this Cherry Coconut Cake look amazing, it tasted pretty awesome too! It has got a slightly tart cherry and coconut flavour and the combination of silky smooth cashew cream and ‘melt in mouth’ rich chocolate topping, It is of course a gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, raw and vegan recipe that is full of great nutrients. No need to worry about burning, over baking or under cooked because all you need is a blender and freezer to make this.
Did you know that Cherries help you sleep better? According to research, Cherries are one of the only natural sources for melatonin. Melatonin is a chemical that regulate the body’s internal cycle for sleep. Studies suggest to have cherries an hour before bedtime for a good sleep. If the Cherries are out of season, you can get dried Cherries or Cherry juices. Cherries are rich in antioxidant that helps prevent or repair the body’s cells by free radicals. Which means they help us look and feel young and beautiful. Cherries don’t just have pretty faces!
The right photo is after the base is done, garnished with cherries for beautiful cut.
Ready for the recipe? Here we go !
- 1 Cups Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Cherries
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Nectar (or Raw Honey)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1.5 Cup Raw Cashew
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Nectar (or other sweetener of your choice)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1/2 Squeezed Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Nectar
- 1/2 Tbsp Almond Meal
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 6 to 7 Fresh Cherries (pitted)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Coconut Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- Put all the ingredient for the base in the blender and blend use repeat the "Pulse" and "stop" until well blended
- Put in the bottom of a spring cake tin (6") and press using finger tips
- Optional - Add a few pitted cherries on top of the base
- Throw all the ingredient for the cashew cream into the blender and blend until smooth and silky
- Pour the mix on top of the base
- Place the cake in the freezer to set
- Blend all the ingredient for chocolate until well mixed and smooth consistancy
- Spread on top of the cake
- Store the cake tin in the freezer at least 4 hours before serving to set
- Garnish with hemp seeds, pitted cherries and coconut flakes if you wish
You don’t have to make the chocolate topping if you don’t want to but the chocolate topping makes this cake looks about 8 times better and adds the right amount of bitterness to it.
You can be creative with garnish. I have tried with fresh cherries, hemp seeds & coconut flakes, but you could also use extra cashew cream or other nuts and fruits.
Hope you enjoy making this and look forward to hear from you! Feel free to share with people you care about
With Gratitude and Love