Oh What? Raw Hazelnut Brownie with Chocolate Avocado Mousse? How do you make raw brownies!? Raw, you mean not baked?? Yep I know your confusion. I have been there too! I made these cause I wanted to make some chocolaty dessert for Easter and my sensitive stomach doesn’t like wheat, dairy and pretty much anything un-food (factory processed). So here we go!
This recipe is so amazingly delicious, easy to follow and of course nutritionally superior to the conventional processed brownies out there. IT ACTUALLY TASTES BETTER THAN THE BAKED ONES for me. Be careful it is highly addictive! The texture is slightly more dense than most baked brownies and most importantly it won’t make you sick unless you finish all the brownies in one go! A quick fact on hazelnut, They have many benefits including cancer prevention and high in Vitamin E and B which are essential for healthy glowing skin! Wohoo!
Dreamy Raw Hazelnut Brownie with Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 Cup of Raw Hazelnuts
- 1 Cup of Almonds or Almond meal
- 1/2 cup of Raw Cacao Power
- 2 Tbs Raw Honey (or your choice of sweetener like coconut nector)
- 1 cup of Dates (Soaked for a few hours)
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Coconut oil
- Pinch of Sea-salt
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Crumbled Hazelnut for garnish
- Avocado Chocolate mousse (Recipe coming shortly. Stay tuned!)
Optional : If you have Maca or Lucuma power, add a couple of table spoon for caramel taste and extra nutrients.
- Throw the hazelnuts and almonds (if you use raw almond) into the food processor and blend until they become almond meal consistency
- Add the rest of ingredients except the crushed hazelnut for garnish (obviously) and Chocolate Mousse
- Blend until it becomes a sticky and dough consistency
- Pour it into a baking pan and roll flat using rolling-pin (1 cm thick)
- Cut out with your favourite cookie cutter or just an upside down glass if you don’t have cookie cutter
- Spread avocado Chocolate Mousse between two pieces and place spoonful of mousse on top
- Garnish with crushed Hazelnut and Cacao Power
Enjoy! If your feet are automatically tapping or your body is moving to the beat, don’t worry, it is normal! It is just that your body is so thankful for you! I love sharing my raw, dairy and gluten-free deserts with people who I love! Creating food is part of me expressing creativity and giving love for myself and others. I hope you enjoy Raw Hazelnut Brownie with Chocolate Avocado Mousse and have lovely time with your loved ones! With Gratitude and Love, Jayde Share your comment or feedback below pls xo