It all began back when I took my trip to Sydney for a conference in March. I stayed in one of my friends place in the Bondi Area where heaps of cool surfing types hang out. It was a very crispy sunny day, around midday, where the temperature was rising and I was just looking around the area to see if I could find any funky restaurants. Me being me, I soon found a cute little organic cafe and I ran in. And IT happened! I saw this beautiful creamy white pie thing. I knew I had to try as it was too appealing to me! I was in heaven for the next 10 mins with this silky, smooth and aromatic treat, and I knew I will attempt to make my own coconut lime cream pie.
If you love coconut and lime, if you love something smooth and citrus – You Must Make This Now!
Raw Coconut Lime Cream Pie
- 1 cup Walnut
- 3/4 cup Date
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 cup Young Coconut meat
- 1/2 cup Macadamia (Soaked at least 4 hours)
- 1/2 cup Young Coconut Water
- 1/3 cup Raw honey or Coconut Nectar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Juice of 2 Lime
- Few Drops of Organic Alcohol Free Vanilla Extract
* Set aside the zest from the limes for garnish
How to make Raw Coconut Lime Cream Pie
- Make the base : Put all your goody ingredients for the base into a blender and repeat the pulse until they becomes crumbs and stick together
- Fill the bottom of a (7-8 in) cake tin, using fingers, make sure they stick on the bottom tightly
- Make the filling : Throw all the ingredients for the filling together and blend until it gets nice and creamy
- Garnish with the zest of the limes that you used for the filling
- Store the pie in the freezer at least 4 hours
- Serve and enjoy!!!!!
I almost found the meaning of life when I tasted this. You might experience the same dilemma I had: People love this pie. You will be very glad to see them enjoy it, but when you see the pie disappear faster than light you will feel anxious at the same time. That’s okay! Lets try again soon!
Feel free to share it and if you have any feedbacks or questions leave under here.
With Gratitude and Love,