I happened to have a cup of soaked cashew lying around and wasn’t sure what to do. Initially, I was thinking of making some raw dessert with it and I thought why not try making some savoury stuff with it? Let’s be a little bit creative! And I looked in my fridge and I had some ripe avocados so I was like, hmmmm what can I make out of these two. My final decision was “Creamy dip made with cashew and avocado and may be a bit of onion.” The result was a pretty satisfactory!
It is so great as a dip for your veggies or rice crackers, savoury nutritional spread on whatever you eat. It is of course dairy free, gluten free, soy free and sugar free but loads of healthy fat from avocado and vitamin B12 from the nutritional yeast. Note that nutritional yeast is completely different to what we typically call yeast, It is inactive, it is in a group of fungi (mushroom). Perfect stuff for vegan or vegetarian food as it can be cheesy and savoury. Try to find them in your health shop under their other name which is “savoury yeast flakes.”
So here we go guys! Enjoy!
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Cup Cashew (Soaked is better because it will give smoother texture)
- 1/2 Medium Size Onion
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes (not to confuse with baker's yeast)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drain the cashew and pit the avocado
- Chop the onion into smaller cubes
- Put all the ingredient into your blender and blend until it is smooth and well blended
- Add extra olive oil or salt if you wish
I am happy to help you if you have any questions regarding the recipe.
With Love and Gratitude,